UFC Jim Miller vs. Erick Gonzalez targeted for Oct. 16 event Tv Channel
Erick Gonzalez has finally received his long-desired UFC call.
Gonzalez (14-5 MMA, 0-0 UFC) will face Jim Miller (32-16 MMA, 21-15 UFC) at UFC Fight Night 195, which takes place at the UFC Apex in Las Vegas on Oct. 16. MMA Junkie confirmed with sources close to the matchup that verbal agreements are in place.
Winner of four of his past five, Gonzalez has competed for the majority of his career under the Combate Americas banner. The 29-year-old is coming off back-to-back wins – a finish over Oziel Rodriguez in March and a unanimous decision over Samuel Alvarez in August. Gonzalez has called for a “dream fight” against Donald Cerrone on multiple occasions and although he didn’t get his wish, he still got the call to the octagon to face another legend in Miller.
Scheduled to make his 38th walk to the octagon, Miller will look to snap a two-fight losing skid. He is coming off back-to-back unanimous decision losses to Vinc Pichel and Joe Solecki, with his last win coming in the form of a first-round “Performance of the Night” submission of Roosevelt Roberts in June 2020. Miller was scheduled to square off with Nikolas Motta at UFC Fight Night 192 on Sept. 18, but for the first time in his career, he had to pull out of the fight after testing positive for COVID-19.
With the addition, the current lineup for UFC Fight Night 195 includes:
- Norma Dumont vs. Holly Holm
- Andrei Arlovski vs. Carlos Felipe
- Julian Marquez vs. Jordan Wright
- Kennedy Nzechukwu vs. Da Un Jung
- L’udovit Klein vs. Nate Landwehr
- Luana Carolina vs. Maryna Moroz
- Ariane Carnelossi vs. Istela Nunes
- Andrew Sanchez vs. Bruno Silva
- Marcelo Rojo vs. TBA
- Mayra Bueno Silva vs. Manon Fiorot
- Ramazan Emeev vs. Danny Roberts
- Danaa Batgerel vs. Brandon Davis
- Erick Gonzalez vs. Jim Miller